Drum Corp Coordinators
Paper Registration Forms Protocol
1. Students return paper registration form to the school admin office
2. School administration scans forms and then emails them to in a bulk send
Once all forms have been scanned/emailed, you can shred them
Please don’t give them to Instructors
3. Drum Corp Accounts Team enters students details into our attendance system
4. Drum Corp Accounts Team will send (via email) a link to the registered families, that will allow them to set-up their own direct debit details
5. Students become active in our attendance system once both Registration & direct debit is complete
1st lesson of the year
Organisation & Routine
1 x Staff Supervisor required: duration = 60 mins
Duties on the Day
Notify all students that have registered, to come to class at the same time. (this is so we can organise our senior/junior groups)
Have students lined up outside the hall ready for our instructor to lead them in
Provide a list of student names for our instructor that have returned their registration form to your administration
Your supervisor(hopefully you) will learn how the flow/routine of each Drum Corp lessons works.
Request: Reschedule a Class
There are 5 opportunity's to reschedule throughout the year See the image below
There are no rescheduling options in Term 4
A One-off Change of Location
Here’s the efficient preparation list and how to avoid a mess on the day:
1. Organise your year 6 students to carry all of the black drums to the temporary location of the class.
2. Inform teachers to inform all participating Drum Corp students of the new temporary location.
3. Inform our instructor - location change (text on the day)
4. Instructor will take her regular mobile equipment to the new location and perform the class.
5. Organise your year 6 students to carry all of the black drums back to the regular storage area.
We have designed a 2-part Skoolbag Notification System:
- 1st part is for families- notifications about progress, performances and events.
- 2nd part is a private notification system to our Drum Corp Coordinators. Your invitation has been sent this morning via email.
Email - Used for coordinating; Opening the doors in Term 2/Week 10 + Events + End Of Year Performances + Send updated Attendance Lists.
If students don’t turn up to class, we don’t send other kids to go get them.
Reason: This is because of our experience with cranky parents informing us that their child is missing out on valuable class time.
Solution: The best way to manage this is for you to set an automated notification in Sentral every week…
This way all teachers can then tell their students at the correct time on the correct day.
How to Automate: Lodge a case from the “Need Help” tab within Sentral. Alternatively, you could ask another staff member.
35 lessons + 1 School Performance
We welcome new students right up until the end of Term 1 (unless the program is at full capacity). Here is an overview of how the classes will happen this year:
Term 1 - Classes begin in Week 3
Lesson 1 (week 3) -
This class includes all Drum Corp Participants Senior/Mids/Juniors for an hour. A teacher/supervisor should be present for this class to:
Assist with the designation of students to classes level
understand the rules, behaviour control measures and flow of the class from start to finish
understand how the equipment set-up and pack down works (assist with K-3)
Assist with any inner school protocols we may not be aware of.
Send for students that are on our lists but have not come to the class
This lesson is the grounding lesson for students to understand exactly how the class works.
Lesson 2 (week 4)-
Lesson 3 (week 5)-
Lesson 4 (week 6)-
Lesson 5 (week 7)-
Lesson 6 (week 8)-
Lesson 7 (week 9)-
Lesson 8 (week 10)-
Lesson 9 (week 11)-
Lesson 10 (week 1)-
Lesson 11 (week 2)-
Lesson 12 (week 3)-
Lesson 13 (week 4)-
Lesson 14 (week 5)-
Lesson 15 (week 6)-
Lesson 16 (week 7)-
Lesson 17 (week 8)-
Lesson 18 (week 9)-
Lesson 19 (week 10)- Open the class doors for parents to see the progress
Lesson 20 (week 1)-
Lesson 21 (week 2)-
Lesson 22 (week 3)-
Lesson 23 (week 4)-
Lesson 24 (week 5)-
Lesson 25 (week 6)-
Lesson 26 (week 7)-
Lesson 27 (week 8)-
Lesson 28 (week 9)-
Lesson 29 (week 10)-
Lesson 30 (week 1)- Combine All Groups - Rehearsal Phase
Lesson 31 (week 2)- Combine All Groups - Rehearsal Phase
Lesson 32 (week 3)- Combine All Groups - Rehearsal Phase
No Lesson (week 4)- due to preparation for Major Super Jam Event
Lesson 33 (week 5)- Combine All Groups - Rehearsal Phase
Lesson 34 (week 6)- Combine All Groups - Rehearsal Phase
Lesson 35 (week 7)- Combine All Groups - Rehearsal Phase
Potential Performance (week 8)- End Of Year Performance..or
Potential Performance (week 9)- End Of Year Performance..or
Potential Performance (week 10)- End Of Year Performance